The objective of the 2/3 AHS Centaur Association Inc. is to provide a forum and a means of communication for anyone whose life has been affected by the sinking of the Hospital Ship Centaur on 14th May 1943, and for any person or organisation with a common interest in the Centaur.
- To honour those non-combatants who gave their lives on a mission of mercy
- To provide a means of communication for survivors, descendants, relatives, friends, organisations interested in 2/3 AHS Centaur
- To help the healing process which for many still continues
- To ensure that the memory never fades, and the facts are not forgotten by succeeding generations
- To turn a tragedy into a triumph, and to foster a peaceful and forward-looking attitude